San Luis Obispo de Tolosa was founded on September 1, 1772. The mission church was built in 1792-1794. The former convento (now a museum) has a distinctive front colonnade. The museum has a special room that focuses on the Chumash Indians. A large modern plaza in front of Mission San Luis Obispo is a popular site for community events. The principal Roman Catholic Church in the Town of San Luis Obispo which is part of the Diocese of Monterey.
751 Palm Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401