San Francisco Solano, the last California mission, was founded on July 4, 1823. The 1840 church was restored in 1913. The restored mission complex includes the church, the padres’ quarters (now a museum), and a large quadrangle. There is a commemorative wall with the names of the Indian neophytes located on the west side of the mission. What remained of the mission was sold to a private party in 1881. Between 1911-1913, the mission was rebuilt with the support of the Historic Landmark League which acquired the property in 1903. The last major restoration was completed in 1943-1944. The restored mission is now part of Sonoma State Historic Park.